When using the services of a company for the first time, how do you know you are making the right choice? With so much competition and so many horror stories in the press relating to poor service, we understand how important it is to stand out from the crowd in the right way.
Introducing The Glass and Glazing Federation
The Glass and Glazing Federation (GGF) is the industry’s main trade federation. Formed almost 40 years ago, all members of the GGF have to meet the stringent standards which are stipulated by the GGF in order to be eligible for membership.
The GGF is recognised by the government and plays a large part in influencing new standards and regulations, such as The Building Regulations, the rules that govern and control the way our buildings are constructed in the UK.
As members of the GGF that sell to the general public we have to comply with their consumer code which has been implemented to stop some of the dubious tactics which were utilised by some businesses previously.
Numbers have grown since the Federation’s inception and with over 1,200 retail locations UK-wide, GGF Members display the GGF logo with pride and to show they are part of the industry’s most established trade body.
Promoting The Highest of Standards
Being the industry authority, the Glass and Glazing Federation promotes best practice and sets the highest technical and health and safety standards for its members. The GGF is also the voice of the industry in local and national politics helping shape and influence policy and legislation.
As well as offering an array of benefits to its members, the GGF is also hugely important from the customer side of any transaction as its other purpose is to guide and protect homeowners when buying glass or glazing products and services.
Benefits of Using a GGF Member
Any company which successfully becomes a GGF member will be expected to demonstrate to potential customers that they are committed to providing quality products and great service, whilst promoting good practice at all times.
The code is backed by the Chartered Trading Standards Institute which enables us to use we can the official tsi logo on our documentation and correspondence.
Additional benefits include:
- Has financial stability and has been trading for a minimum of 3 years – there are no phoenix companies in the GGF.
- Has been vetted and has premises, products and employees fit for purpose.
- Employs trained professionals to ensure your installation is to the highest technical standards as outlined by the GGF Glazing Manual written by the industry’s leading experts.
- Complies with the GGF Consumer Code of Good Practice which has strict requirements regarding the conduct of Member companies and ensures they comply with all relevant consumer legislation. All GGF Member companies are audited on a regular basis to ensure their compliance.
- Offers you free automatic deposit protection using the GGF Deposit Indemnity Fund set up in 1981 – now the industry’s best deposit protection that safeguards your deposit and instalments of up to 50% of the contract value or £12,500 (whichever is lesser).
- Offers you free access to our Conciliation Scheme in the unlikely event of a dispute with a GGF Member company. Rest assured you will not be left alone – the GGF will help resolve the dispute and if it cannot be resolved (very rare), the Glazing Arbitration Scheme is there to help you reach a resolution.
- Offers you transferrable warranties– should you sell your property, you can advise the buyer that the guarantee can be transferred over to them by the Member Company who fitted your windows for a reasonable fee.
Fully Accredited GGF Members
WF Glazing Protection is delighted to be full members with the Glass and Glazing Federation.
You can view our up to date profile by clicking here.
Buy With Confidence
When combined with our official Buy With Confidence accreditation, our customers can be certain that they are receiving the services of a company dedicated to providing the best possible services at all times.
Buy With Confidence is the largest scheme of its kind nationally and continues to expand its geographical coverage. The scheme provides consumers with a list of local businesses which have given their commitment to trading fairly. Every business listed has undergone a series of detailed checks before being approved as a member of the scheme.
All the businesses listed on their website have been vetted and approved by Trading Standards to ensure that they operate in a legal, honest and fair way.
To view our profile, please click here.