For the majority of people, seeing sunlight streaming through a window during the day is something that will always be viewed in a positive light. However, for some businesses, unfiltered sunlight can actually be something costly and damaging which needs to be avoided wherever possible.
Fading caused by the sun can be an expensive problem for a huge variety of businesses. With UV rays, heat and light from the sun all contributing towards fading, stock, furniture and fabric can all fall victim to the damaging effects of unfiltered sunlight.
Sun Damage Can Be a Costly, Yet Avoidable Expense
The installation of specialist sun control window film will allow you to:
- Maximise your window display without the fear of the sun
- Save yourself the time and hassle of constantly changing the display
- Our protective films significantly reduce fading by rejecting up to 99.9% of harmful UV rays and 97% of infra-red heat.
- Films that reject less than 99% of UV will not offer adequate levels of protection!!!
There are a number of different types of window film available to help protect your stock against the threat of sun damage, with nearly all sharing one common trait, the fact that they are virtually clear.
Allaying Common Concerns
One of the primary concerns we hear from many of our customers relates to the fact that they are worried about altering the exterior look of their property or restricting the light that can come through the window, however there is no need to worry about these concerns when dealing with WF Glazing Protection.
Our range of sun control window film has been handpicked to ensure that it offers only the best possible attributes without compromising the aesthetics of your property in any way.
Currently Browsing: Reduce Fading with the Installation of Window Film
Tired of nosey neighbours peering through your window every time they walk past? We don’t blame you!
Whilst closing curtains or installing blinds or shutters can offer an effective antidote against prying eyes, these are not perfect and offer the significant drawback of not only making the room seem a little smaller, they also block out all of the light when they are closed.
Large windows can also make privacy quite difficult as well, however, help is now at hand in the form of the range of privacy and safety window films which are available from the team at WF Glazing Protection.
Bespoke Privacy Solutions Available
With our extensive range of privacy, graphics and decorative window films we can work closely with you to create a bespoke design or simply choose from our standard patterned and special effects films. With a full range of specialist privacy window film available directly from us, we offer the ideal method of increasing the privacy levels of your property at a price which will not break the bank.
Best of all, our available range can all be self-installed ensuring that costs can be kept even lower!
Our available range of privacy window film offers a number of wide-ranging benefits including:
- 24 hour privacy of valuable assets,
- Increased personal modesty
- Hiding unattractive parts of a building
- + much more
The installation of privacy window film can help to transform your property into something altogether more secure.
Currently Browsing: Tired of losing the Privacy Battle?
3M™ Thinsulate™ Climate Control Window Film is a cost-effective option for you to upgrade your windows to be more energy efficient with year round comfort.
For decades, insulation has been used in the walls and ceilings of buildings to control the flow of heat between inside and out. 3M™ Thinsulate™ Climate Control Window Film works much in the same way. It improves the insulation value of a typical single pane window close to that of a double pane window, helping to keep the warmth in during the winter and the air-conditioned air in during the summer.
Benefit No. 1 – Control Climate
3M™ Thinsulate™ Climate Control Window Film helps keep the warmth in during the winter and the cool conditioned air in during the summer — keeping the weather out where it belongs – all season, every season. It helps reduce cold/hot spots in your buildings, improving overall comfort for you and your tenants.
Benefit No. 2 – Increase Efficiency
It is estimated that 34% of heating and cooling in commercial buildings is due to your windows. Manage your energy costs at a fraction of the cost of replacing your windows. 3M™ Thinsulate™ Climate Control Window Film is a low emissivity or “Low E” window film which improves the insulation value of a typical single pane window close to that of a double pane window and the insulation value of a typical double pane window close to a triple pane window.
Benefit No. 3 – Maintain Appearance
This innovative new film has been installed on historic registered buildings to enhance sustainability, comfort, and provide fade protection, while maintaining the existing windows and appearance. 3M™ Thinsulate™ Climate Control Window film is a virtually invisible film that is professionally installed to the surface of your glass. It has a neutral appearance that will not dramatically change the look of your windows — inside or out.
Whatever your needs are, we have the window film solution for you here at WF Glazing Protection Ltd. Contact us today on telephone at 0345 337 4751 or the quick contact form to the right of your screen for a call back to talk to a member of our team about the best options for you.
Currently Browsing: 5 Benefits of 3M™ Thinsulate™ Window Film For Homeowners
Dave Faulconbridge, one of the founders of WF Glazing Protection Ltd, recently took part in a podcast with the excellent team at Green Element to discuss our range of window film.
It is our aim to help offer our customers the freedom to use your offices and rooms all year round through their window film coatings. Having been in operation for 12 years as well as previous employees of 3M, they sure do have the required experience and are proud to be environmental friendly while at it. Positive environmental impact and carbon footprint is something they take seriously and it earned them the Green Award 4 years ago.
He shares with us how the business can help you reduce your electricity bill and why they only provide clients with high quality products.
3 Key Things
- Don’t be scared to go the sustainable business route because it lets you step back from the business and look at what you do, and you can actually make the business more economical at the same time.
- Enjoy talking to your clients and communicating with them on how they can help reduce their own environmental impact.
- Let your mission become your way of being.
About WF Glazing Protection
WF Glazing Protection gives people the freedom to use their offices, rooms, buildings comfortably and safely all year round through our retrofit window film coatings to upgrade their existing glazing. At the moment with the way we’re working, we’re trying to be greener and more sustainable and it seems to be working very, very well for the business.
The product is a simple polyester film that is clear that we bond to existing windows – either on the inside or the outside – that can do several different things. Majority is where it helps clients to reduce environmental impact by reflecting heat from the sun or by helping to insulate existing windows.
What is your business superpower?
It would be liberating rooms. The windows and curtains that we install liberate rooms from overpowering heat in the summertime and from the clutches of Jack Frost in the winter.
How does WF Glazing Protection Ltd engage its suppliers and customers with your mission and purpose?
We engage by conversation, communication, and connection. It’s so important to us that we talk to our clients. We don’t just walk in there and tell them what we think they need. We like to take the time to visit our clients, understand about their building, understand about the issues they’re trying to solve and why it’s important to them. I feel that’s the only way we can provide the right solutions to their needs and get the correct films for them.
What has been your biggest struggle when it comes to running an ethical and sustainable business and how have you overcome it?
The biggest struggle is to not offer the cheapest products. At the end of the day, we’re running a business and it’s a concentrated marketplace; you need to win orders. The biggest struggle is not to offer the cheapest products especially during the recession. Knowing the industry like we do, we know the biggest suppliers, we know how to source cheap if we wanted to, and we also know that cheap window film doesn’t form well, doesn’t last as long and so you’re giving your clients a false economy.
In our conversations with clients, we like to show them the value of getting the specification correct, the value of a long-term approach rather than a short-term fix. But also it’s not just the product it’s the service.
If you could offer ONE piece of advice to our listeners, what would that be?
4 years ago, we started to look at where we wanted to take the business and I think if you try starting with reason; what is the reason I want to help myself, what is the reason I want to help the environment? When you’ve got that reason you can stitch them together into a sentence which creates your purpose and mission and that gives you the direction of where you want to take the business.
What is the biggest challenge and frustration when trying to reduce your carbon footprint?
Because WF Glazing Protection is a site-based business, we have to travel to people’s buildings and the biggest challenge in our environmental impact in carbon footprint is keeping our vehicles with few emission. We’re moving more and more into future of instant gratification where people want things immediately.
We find organizations place orders later and later so it can be a real challenge managing these expectations with what we want to do, which is smart work at the location to limit journey times, limit distance, limit emissions for the surveyors and the installers. We don’t want to be travelling halfway across the country at a day’s notice to install three windows it doesn’t make sense and it’s un-environmental.
Claim Your FREE Sample
To claim your FREE sample of 3M’s latest technology Thinsulate Climate Control window film visit: thinsulatewindowfilm.co.uk
To view the podcast in full, please check out the video below.
What problems were you looking to solve?
- I contacted WF Glazing Protection to help solve my problem of heat loss during the winter and solar heat gain during the summer. The 2 big challenges I was having with our home.
How well did WF Glazing Protection solve these problems for you?
- WF Glazing Protection fitted the 3M Thinsulate climate control window film in December 2017, August 2018 and November 2018. I have seen a massive improvement in reducing the sun. It’s made a significant difference in making rooms more comfortable to use.
What held you back from having window film fitted sooner?
- I had previously held back from getting widow film fitted sooner because the films available were visible from inside and out changing the look of the glass. It was important to maintain visibility and a natural appearance on our home. 3M Thinsulate CC75 is a virtually clear solution.
What did you like most about the service offered from WF Glazing Protection?
- The whole team at WF Glazing Protection are amazing. When Dave visited to do the assessment, he was friendly, knowledgeable and efficient. This was matched by John who did a brilliant job with the installations taking great care on our old windows.
What was your main concern that would have prevented you from buying this, and what put your fears to rest?
- Before I went ahead with purchasing 3M Thinsulate climate control window film I was not confident in the product and was concerned with the way it would look. Dave did an excellent job of explaining the benefits that window film can offer, which put all my fears to rest.
If you were to recommend 3M Thinsulate Climate Control window film to your best friend, what would you say?
- I have already recommended 3M Thinsulate climate control window film to a friend and explained to them how great the results in improving comfort are.
What made you choose 3M Thinsulate Climate Control window film over anything else you could have done?
- Our home is an historic building and I chose 3M Thinsultate climate control window film because it has no impact on the looks of the historic building from inside or outside.
What are the main benefits you’ve experienced as a result of having window film fitted?
- I have experienced 2 major benefits from using 3M Thinsulate climate control window film. Less heat gain in rooms and reduced glare. It’s too early to comment on heat retention during the colder winter months, but I’m confident that it will make a noticeable difference.
What surprised you the most or made you the happiest about having window film fitted?
- I was really surprised by how well 3M Thinsulate climate control window film improved my working environment. The reduction in heat and sun glare makes a big difference to my productivity in the home office.