Particularly during the winter and its long dark nights, home security is an issue which should never be taken lightly.
Finding ways to protect your flat-screen TVs, laptops and expensive possessions has never been more important than it is right now but thanks to our range of invisible security films, we are ideally positioned to help.
Call us today on Tel. No. 0345 337 4751 today.
Reduce your risk by reinforcing your windows.
Whether you’re in a big city or a small town, thieves can victimize your business and go after easy smash-and-grab targets — making your glass doors and ground floor windows vulnerable. 3M™ Safety & Security Window Films and 3M™ Impact Protection Attachment Systems make it more difficult to get through your windows, helping to reduce your losses during smash-and-grab crimes.
- Help protect people and property
- Keep the welcoming appearance of your property without adding bars or other physical barriers
- Thicker adhesive helps hold broken glass together, hindering break-and-enter crimes
- Tear-resistance offers excellent performance over standard films
- Help protect against broken glass shards and unlawful entry
From weakness to strength
With the range of 3M™ Safety and Security Window Films available from WF Glazing Protection, we can help to transform your windows from a proven area of weakness for your home to an area of strength, which can help to protect you and your family from a variety of different threats.
3M Safety and Security Window Films have been specifically created to hold glass fragments together if the pane is broken. Because these films help hold the glass together, they create a much stronger barrier which is proven to provide a deterrent as potential criminals may be slowed down to the point where they retreat to seek an alternative target.
Different options available
This range of films is available in clear, safety-only versions, or as a combination film with both sun control & safety features.
The following video offers insight into the enhanced level of protection offered by these window films.
Increasing the impact resistance of the window and then by holding broken glass together, the film can help to delay and deter smash & grab crime. Our films are certified to BS EN12600 and EN356 European Impact Standard. Combined with the use of privacy films, protect against opportunistic criminals!!!
Are you worried that ‘would-be-criminals’ can see your family, pets and possessions?
With our wide range of Privacy and Decorative Films, we can supply you with a bespoke privacy solution for peace of mind or for your personal modesty.
Call us today on Tel. No. 0345 337 4751 today.
Currently Browsing: How Window Film Can Be Used To Improve Home Security
When using the services of a company for the first time, how do you know you are making the right choice? With so much competition and so many horror stories in the press relating to poor service, we understand how important it is to stand out from the crowd in the right way.
Introducing The Glass and Glazing Federation
The Glass and Glazing Federation (GGF) is the industry’s main trade federation. Formed almost 40 years ago, all members of the GGF have to meet the stringent standards which are stipulated by the GGF in order to be eligible for membership.
The GGF is recognised by the government and plays a large part in influencing new standards and regulations, such as The Building Regulations, the rules that govern and control the way our buildings are constructed in the UK.
As members of the GGF that sell to the general public we have to comply with their consumer code which has been implemented to stop some of the dubious tactics which were utilised by some businesses previously.
Numbers have grown since the Federation’s inception and with over 1,200 retail locations UK-wide, GGF Members display the GGF logo with pride and to show they are part of the industry’s most established trade body.
Promoting The Highest of Standards
Being the industry authority, the Glass and Glazing Federation promotes best practice and sets the highest technical and health and safety standards for its members. The GGF is also the voice of the industry in local and national politics helping shape and influence policy and legislation.
As well as offering an array of benefits to its members, the GGF is also hugely important from the customer side of any transaction as its other purpose is to guide and protect homeowners when buying glass or glazing products and services.
Benefits of Using a GGF Member
Any company which successfully becomes a GGF member will be expected to demonstrate to potential customers that they are committed to providing quality products and great service, whilst promoting good practice at all times.
The code is backed by the Chartered Trading Standards Institute which enables us to use we can the official tsi logo on our documentation and correspondence.
Additional benefits include:
- Has financial stability and has been trading for a minimum of 3 years – there are no phoenix companies in the GGF.
- Has been vetted and has premises, products and employees fit for purpose.
- Employs trained professionals to ensure your installation is to the highest technical standards as outlined by the GGF Glazing Manual written by the industry’s leading experts.
- Complies with the GGF Consumer Code of Good Practice which has strict requirements regarding the conduct of Member companies and ensures they comply with all relevant consumer legislation. All GGF Member companies are audited on a regular basis to ensure their compliance.
- Offers you free automatic deposit protection using the GGF Deposit Indemnity Fund set up in 1981 – now the industry’s best deposit protection that safeguards your deposit and instalments of up to 50% of the contract value or £12,500 (whichever is lesser).
- Offers you free access to our Conciliation Scheme in the unlikely event of a dispute with a GGF Member company. Rest assured you will not be left alone – the GGF will help resolve the dispute and if it cannot be resolved (very rare), the Glazing Arbitration Scheme is there to help you reach a resolution.
- Offers you transferrable warranties– should you sell your property, you can advise the buyer that the guarantee can be transferred over to them by the Member Company who fitted your windows for a reasonable fee.
Fully Accredited GGF Members
WF Glazing Protection is delighted to be full members with the Glass and Glazing Federation.
You can view our up to date profile by clicking here.
Buy With Confidence
When combined with our official Buy With Confidence accreditation, our customers can be certain that they are receiving the services of a company dedicated to providing the best possible services at all times.
Buy With Confidence is the largest scheme of its kind nationally and continues to expand its geographical coverage. The scheme provides consumers with a list of local businesses which have given their commitment to trading fairly. Every business listed has undergone a series of detailed checks before being approved as a member of the scheme.
All the businesses listed on their website have been vetted and approved by Trading Standards to ensure that they operate in a legal, honest and fair way.
To view our profile, please click here.
Solar control window film reduces heat and glare from rooms and buildings; But how effective are they?
Whilst window film has been used for many years in the commercial world to provide a more comfortable working environment, advances in technology now ensure that you can enjoy precisely the same benefits for your home – with the same high level of service, too.
Perhaps you’ve had conservatory blinds fitted, or maybe you’re considering it. It’s one option. Blinds are not necessarily the answer though. Cleaning off dust and flies can be a hassle, plus blinds can block your view and cut out light. And, of course, when they’re pulled up, the sun still fades your furnishings.
New from the 3M Company – Prestige Series Window Films – The first-ever clear solar control film to offer a 15-year warranty.
Some of the additional benefits offered by the installation of specialist 3M Solar Control window film include but are not limited to:
- The ultimate in high technology, offering clear film technology with outstanding heat rejection to create the perfect film for your home
- Designed not to change the appearance of your home
- Clear to lightly tinted, allows up to 70% of the visible light through your windows
- Rejects up to 60% of the heat coming through your windows
- Reflectivity that’s actually lower than glass
For more information about the benefits offered by 3M’s solar control range of window films, please click here.
A Key Demonstration
In the video below, Dave and Brian demonstrate 3 different window films using a heat lamp and a light meter. Discover the heat and light reduction from 3M Silver20, Metalised film, 3M prestige 70 Window film performance can vary on a variety of factors, the type of glass in your windows being just one.
How Do They Work?
Applied to a window through the use of an optically clear pressure-sensitive adhesive, solar control window film will restrict 99% of damaging UV rays from passing through the window whilst not reducing the transparency of the glass. The various metallic, carbon or ceramic coatings will reject various levels of solar energy depending upon specification.
Solar control window film will also help to reduce glare from the sun. This can be an issue all year round and can be a particular problem for people watching television or working at a computer. The application of specialist window film can help to reduce glare by up to 81%.
Where Are They Used?
Solar control window film is widely used in the commercial and public sector built environment and is proven to be highly effective at reducing energy bills.
Typically representing 30% of a building’s annual budget, energy bills can be reduced due to the ability of window film to keep both the heat in during the winter and out during the summer, therefore reducing the need for both additional heating and air conditioning.
Visit https://www.wfprotection.co.uk/contact-us.php and get in touch to get a free onsite professional assessment of your specific needs.
The advantages of etched, cut, sandblasted, textured and other decorative glass patterns are clear: Privacy can be customised, light still pours from room to room, and even confined spaces can still feel fresh and open. Achieving these effects using glass surface used to be an expensive endeavour, but now it’s possible to keep to your budget with 3M Fasara™, 3M Crystal and 3M Dichroic Glass Finishes.
The Perfect Solution For……..
- Brand Identity – Use your windows to display your brand. Whether it’s people passing by, or glass doors at the entrance to your office, 3M window graphic films give you the opportunity to enhance your corporate identity.
- Increased Privacy and Decoration – Making your glass windows look great isn’t the only benefit of using 3M window films. They also give your office and meeting rooms an extra layer of privacy, while still remaining light, bright and open.
- Enhanced Safety – Flying glass from a broken window can have serious consequences. It’s better not to think about the consequences, but to put in place protective measures instead. 3M Scotchshield™ Window Film keeps broken glass shards and splinters together.
Working Closely With Customers
WF Glazing Protection Ltd’s specialist digital print graphics team will work closely with you to help bring your ideas to life.
Not only will we be able to create finished designs from your idea, but we will also be able to provide a fast and lasting installation upon completion of the design.
The Benefits of Digital Print Window Graphics
Printed window graphics come in many different shapes, sizes and colours and offer a variety of benefits including:
- Enhance any glazed area with a design and print process that delivers the most outstanding, high impact graphics onto optically clear polyester film.
- Create the impression of direct to glass printing without the inherent cost and longer-term problems.
- When branding changes, the film can be easily removed and replaced with a new design.
Protect homes and offices from heat gain with 3M™ Sun Control Window Film, Silver Series. 3M’s metallised window film rejects heat and excess light to reduce glare while maintaining optical clarity. The reflective film construction gives buildings a fresh and modern appearance and, depending on lighting conditions, increases privacy.
Heat gain is significantly reduced creating a comfortable environment, especially in warmer months, as well as helping to reduce energy costs by decreasing the use of air conditioners. A significant amount of damaging ultraviolet (UV) rays are blocked reducing fading in fabrics and furnishings. For external use only.
Reduces heat gain with metallised technology
Keeps occupants cool and comfortable
Reduces heating and cooling costs
Helps to reduce glare
Changes building’s appearance to a reflective, modern look
Extends the life and vibrancy in furniture, fittings and fabrics
A Sound Investment
The installation of solar control window film is something that should be viewed as an investment as opposed to an expense due to the wide-ranging benefits that it offers.
Along with helping to increase the energy efficiency of the building in which it is installed by blocking summer solar gain and retaining winter heat, our window film will filter the sun’s UV rays, reducing the fading of office furniture, carpets and curtains. The office environment will also be a far more comfortable place by reducing eye strain caused by glare and eliminating temperature imbalances.
- Our window films can reduce solar heat gain by up to 82% creating a far more comfortable and productive working environment for your employees.
- With a wide range available, we can work with all window types to create a solution to meet your individual requirement.
Once the film has been installed, any pre-installed air conditioning systems will not have to work as hard to maintain the optimum workplace temperature. By cutting out heat passing through the windows, cooling costs are reduced significantly.
Solar control window film offers the most cost-effective solution to managing heat gain at the workplace. It is an investment that pays for itself by offering the opportunity to ensure that productivity does not begin to drop due to temperature and heating and cooling costs are reduced.